Prior to enrolment, parents/guardians are welcome to visit our service with their child. Children from any area are eligible for enrolment. Orientation and settling in to our programs is tailored to meet the individual needs of each child and family. This can be negotiated with our program staff. Places are allocated according to our enrolment policy, with priority given to children closest in age to school entry, children of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent, children with additional needs and children with primary carers working and/or studying.
On enrolment, the following information must be completed & given to staff:
- Enrolment Form & Application Form/s
- ACIR Immunisation History Statement or Conscientious Objection Form
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Health Care Card (if applicable)
Parents are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the signing in/out book, daily time-tables/program, their child’s locker & information pocket, notice boards etc. Please inform staff if any of your details change throughout the year.
Our service has a commitment to all children being able to access affordable, quality early childhood education and care. With this in mind the following fee structure will apply to children enrolled in our services.
|Option 1||Equity 4 & 5 year old’s||$16.50/day|
|Option 2||Equity 3 year old’s & Non-Equity 4 & 5 year old’s||$22.00/day|
|Option 3||Indigenous & exceptional circumstances||$5.50/day|
|Casual Day at Bermagui Preschool for all children||$27.50/day|
Bermagui Community Long Day Care
|Option 4||Part Day – 0-3 years’ old (excluding equity 3 year old’s)||$55.00/day|
|Option 5||Full Day – 0-3 years’ old (excluding equity 3 year old’s)||$77.00/day|
Bermagui Community Outside School Hours Care (OSHC)
|Option 6||All children (0-12 years)||$11.00/hour|
Bermagui Community Vacation Care
|Option 7||Part Day – All children (0-12 years)||$55.00/day|
|Option 8||Full Day – All children (0-12 years)||$77.00/day|
Please Note: You will be billed for non-attendance due to illness or other absences unless prior arrangements have been made with the Preschool Director. You will also be billed for Public Holidays if you are normally enrolled to attend on those days as per our policies.
Payment of Fees
Fees are billed in advance for each term for both the Preschool and Long Day Care programs. Fee statements are issued in the second week of term and payment is due two weeks after statements have been issued. Fees must be paid at this time unless a payment plan has been negotiated with the family and the Preschool Director. Fee statements for Outside School Hours Care and Vacation Care will be issued in the fortnight following care. We prefer fees to be paid directly into our bank account using one of the following options:
- Direct Transfer into our Horizon Credit Union account
Account Name: Bermagui Pre School
BSB: 802 124
Account Number: 100 040 522
Please use your child’s name as the reference
2. Direct Deposit of cash into the above account at the Bermagui branch
Please ask staff in branch to reference your payment with your child’s name
3. Families can organise a regular direct deduction of Bermagui Pre School fees from their nominated bank account through Centrepay. Please use Bermagui Pre School’s Centrepay reference number 555 111 288S. For further information, contact Centrepay on 1800 044 063. This form of payment does attract an additional fee on each payment charged by Centrepay.
Non-payment of fees will result in a review of your child’s placement at our services by the Board of Directors. If fees remain unpaid your child’s placement will be terminated and your non-payment will be referred to a Debt Collection Agency. If you have any questions or difficulties paying fees, please see our Finance and Administration Assistant or the Director if you need to negotiate a payment plan to suit your needs.
The Applicant/Parent/Guardian agrees that all expenses, costs and disbursements incurred in recovering any outstanding monies, including costs involved in debt collection by the supplier’s commercial agent and solicitor’s costs on an indemnity basis will be paid by the Applicant/Parent/Guardian as determined by the parent signing the child’s enrolment form. We look forward to a happy association with you and your family at Bermagui Pre School.
Equity children are those whose families hold a Health Care Card. Families must provide a copy of their Health Care Card to prove eligibility. If this information is not provided you will be charged full fees. Please notify us if your circumstances change during the year so your fees can be amended accordingly.
Claim for Child Care Assistance for Registered Care (Bermagui Preschool children ONLY)
Bermagui Pre School is a Registered Care provider under the Department of Human Services. Some families may be eligible for financial assistance from the Australian Government. Our Carer Reference Number is 281 613 269L.
Bermagui Pre School will issue families with two receipts, one for your own records and one that can be given to Centrelink. Please note that to be eligible to claim for Child Care Assistance for Registered Care you must meet eligibility requirements.
The form you require (FA018) is available at Centrelink, downloadable from their website or call 136 150 to have one posted. You must claim within 12 months of using the service and you can only claim after the child has received the care, i.e. at the end of each term. Please note that this information can change at any time please refer to the website www.humanservices.gov.au for downloads and updates. For further information, call 136 150.
Claim for Child Care Assistance for Approved Care – Child Care Subsidy (Long Day Care – Outside School Hours Care – Vacation Care ONLY)
Bermagui Community Long Day Care – Outside School Hours Care – Vacation Care is an Approved Child Care provider. Some families may be eligible for financial assistance from the Australian Government.
Families will need to apply for the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) in person or online through myGov-Centrelink.
Families who meet the eligibility requirements will be required to provide us with their child’s Customer Reference Number (CRN) and the claimant’s CRN and claimant’s date of birth. The Child Care Subsidy System will then determine your eligible hours and percentage of subsidy and this will be paid to the preschool on your behalf, you will then only be required to pay the gap after the CCS reductions have been made.
Families are welcome to see the Finance & Administration Assistant in the office for further assistance with these claims.
Parents can be involved with the centre by helping staff for a few minutes or a few hours. Parents are under no obligation to do voluntary work, however, any amount of time given is much appreciated and greatly needed as we are a community funding based non-profit organisation.
Voluntary time allows parents to observe their child in our service environment as well.
Parents are invited to share their skills and interests with us. Parents have visited to show the children how to make ice-cream, play the mandolin and even how to shear sheep. We’ve also had visits from the local Police and Fire Brigade.
Each month a Board meeting is held so that parents and staff discuss the many issues that arise and ways we can improve our service to the community. The meeting lasts approximately one hour and is held at our service.
Service newsletters and noticeboards are also used to communicate information between our service and families.
Off to Preschoool…….A Happy Beginning!
Leaving home and going to Preschool can be a traumatic experience for both children and their parents. Here are some things you can do to help lessen or even remove the trauma:
- Talk to your child about Preschool where he/she will meet new friends, play games, sing and make things, (and lots more!!!)
- Prepare for separation – “We’ll be waiting to hear about your good day at Pre School.” You are welcome to stay as long as you like to help your child settle in. When you are ready to leave, let staff know, say goodbye quickly and calmly and then leave. It can be normal for a few tears, but usually children settle quickly once their parents have gone. Staff will contact you if your child does not settle and discuss further separation strategies to support your child.
- Take your child to the local park or playgroup whenever possible to gauge reactions to other children.
- Leave your child for a day or two with “Granny” or some other likeable person to experience separation as part of life.
- Practice eating lunch “picnic-style” like at school. Use reusable containers rather than plastic wrap for sandwiches, etc. Make sure your child can operate his/her lunch box and drink bottle, etc. Please label your child’s lunchbox and drink bottle.
- Have your child practice opening, closing, packing and unpacking his/her school bag.
- Make sure your child can turn taps on and off and that he/she can flush a toilet properly.